Monday, August 31, 2015

Always feeling God in my life...

Well… this week I wasn't with my normal companion for most the time. We went on exchanges with the district leaders in the zone. Its always hard for me to leave my own area because I like to take care of that area myself. But I guess that's something I’m going to need to get over.

I had a lot of fun on the exchanges. We just go throughout our normal day but with a different companion and different area sometimes. One pretty funny experience we had on exchanges was with Elder Stevens. We were knocking doors out in the country and were on a doorstep when we smelled weed (not unusual). But I was looking around for some butts or something. But then I looked at the front garden bed which was about 10x25 ft. It was all marijuana plants! I had never seen so many in my life in one place. AND… we got a return appointment with the lady who answered the door. But anyways, that was the exiting moment of the week!

So I don't know if I’ve ever told you but each week in the mission we have a specific goal we try to get. This past week it was to have 80 church tours. A church tour is when we take an investigating person to the church house and show them around it. It can be difficult because we have to have someone take time and drive over to the building. But our area saw a lot of success. This week we took a few people on the church tours and the spirit is so strong… just naturally. What a great place to have a lesson!

Anyways, I have had a great week as usual. Always feeling God in my life. Lately I’ve been praying to recognize the blessings more. I know I have the blessings in my life and I feel like I do notice a lot of them. But I know there are countless out there so I encourage you to do the same. This week try to spot one blessing you might have not noticed before and thank God for it.

-Elder Johnson



No comments:

Post a Comment