Monday, August 17, 2015

Finding solutions...

Well exiting week! The pictures that are up (http://calledtoservewa-tac.blogspot.com/2015/08/mlc-81415.html) are from MLC we had an awesome training by Elder Blunck. Always a great place to receive revelation for the areas we cover. It was really nice to have the spiritual high but the meetings are always very long and tiring. I really loved that one thing we focused on and that is the "finding solutions". And just how nothing in life will happen until we search out a solution to a problem. And the fact that problems find us often but we have to find the solutions.

Anyways onto the crazy story of the week… so one of the first people I helped get baptized was a man in Tacoma named Eddie Johnson. We found him knocking doors. He was in his 60's and kind of lived a lonely life. He has one of the darkest pasts I’ve heard in my life. He wasn’t in contact with much of his family so the gospel brought a lot of comfort and peace to a old soul. He overcame a lot of additions before being baptized. Needless to say, he is very dear to me.

Anyways, back to the present in Silverdale… we were meeting all less active and recent converts in the area. So me met a gal named June who, with her kids, joined the church about a year ago. But, with a lot of crazy changes of missionaries in the ward, she kind of fell through the cracks and stopped meeting with them. We got talking to her. She said the night before she had called her step dad to talk to him for the first time in 6 years. They were both surprised when they heard the other one had joined the church! And to my surprise June’s step dad is Eddie!! What an incredible thing to see. What a great blessing for me. It is something so small that means so much to me. Call me simple minded, but it’s one of the greatest blessings for me on my mission.

Anyways, I love you all and hope all is safe. I love it here in the WA TAC. It’s very holy ground to me and I’ve gained a testimony of many gospel principles while being here. I love and miss you.

Elder Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment