Monday, August 10, 2015

We receive a new found energy for the next 6 weeks...

Well another beautiful week in Silverdale with lots of new changes. To start off the week we had wonderful p-day where I got all my wiggles out. The next day was transfer day that is always a very busy day with lots of mixed emotion. Saying goodbye to good friends is hard knowing that I most likely wont see many of them till we meet at God’s feet. The transfer meeting itself is always very very powerful and is always huge spiritual uplift.  We receive a new found energy for the next 6 weeks.

My new companion is from Oakland, California. He is a wonderful guy… huge into all sports. We get along pretty well. Although I miss Elder Irava, it’s nice to get to know new people and learn from them.

Covering 2 wards has been tough. There is twice as much to do. Twice as many people to know. Twice as many streets to memorize. It can often be overwhelming but the greatest blessing is that I’m doing it all for the Lord so he makes it all possible. So there is no reason to stress about it.

I received a huge blessing this week. I got a call from a unknown number. I picked it up as usual and it was from a good friend from back home.  If anyone knew me personally they would have known my friend Elder Scott. He is someone who I would go out withy 2-3 times a week to do missionary work. Elder Scott (or Jacob now) is working in Seattle and plans on coming to Silverdale to take us out for lunch. I’m so exited to see him. He is one of the bug supports I had in my life spiritually before my mission.

Anyways, I hope all is going well. I’m sorry to keep it short. I’m a bum. I love you all and I’m blessed to have you all in my life. I hope everyone is safe. Everyone at home is in my prayers at night.

-Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment