Monday, February 29, 2016

I kind of had a midlife crisis...

Wow! it’s funny how after a week that I don’t feel I have much to write is always a week with too much to write about.

Well I’m getting transferred to a whole new area, Bainbridge Island! If I’m not mistaken we will be the first elders in the area since my trainer closed it almost 4 years ago… when he got done training! I will also be covering the Poulsbo 2nd Ward! So the elder I am going to be with (Simkins) has been in that area for 6 weeks. I am really excited about this. I’m looking forward to applying everything that I’ve learned on my mission to one new fresh area! I’ve never been more pumped to find, teach, and baptize people.


Last night was another fireside… this time in Silverdale. I kind of had a midlife crisis on the way back home. We drove through my first area. I got to see the streets I was on my first transfer in the mission. It was kind of emotional for me to think back and see where I was and realize that times have changed. I now have less fear and more faith in my Savior. I loved that trial God gave me though. I love all the tough times. It only helps me grow closer to my Savior. And I look forward to the trials that lay ahead and growing from them as well. I don’t want to leave this great land of the Wa Tac.


This week was stake conference as well. The visiting General Authority was Elder Sitati. He had some wonderful, great advice and I received some great personal revelation on what I need to change in my life as a missionary and a person. So I liked it a lot.

I am so happy to be here where I am at. I love life

-Elder Thomas Johnson

ps.  long story but there is a member here who's done lots of studies.  This is a replica of Nephi's boat, He has a book written about it called "voyage of the book of Mormon"




No comments:

Post a Comment