Monday, February 1, 2016

A week with no interruptions...

A week with no interruptions to the work are the best kind of weeks! Although nothing crazy has happened, it is always satisfying working hard.

I would sit hear and tell you about this less active member we found one day but his story written in the Ensign is told far better then what I could say. https://www.lds.org/ensign/2002/02/latter-day-saint-voices/my-friend-milkshake?lang=eng It has been great working with this man. Rekindling his testimony has helped mine grow more as well.
The famous Tacoma Narrows Bridge

Man, I love this mission thing. I really do! It’s so hard every day. I miss home. I don’t like being wet and cold day in and day out but I still love this mission! I don’t think I know perfectly why I love it so much but it might be something along the lines of Matthew 16:25. It’s nice not having to worry about myself at all really! I wish I had done it more when I was at home! I know that as we focus on others we no longer think about our well being as a person and become happier all together.

-Elder Thomas Johnson

PS
Living in the Gig house is really nice for a lot of reasons. First, it’s right across the street from our church so there is a certain peace seeing our church every morning. Second, I love living with a lot of people. It is just plain fun sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment