Tuesday, March 8, 2016

I love what I am doing in my life right now...

Heyo! Well, it’s been a really big week I guess. It’s been odd getting into a new area that hasn't had elders for 4 years. Although it does mean there is never a dull moment or I’m wondering what to do next. There are many great families I have met this past week from both the Bainbridge Island Ward and the Poulsbo 2nd Ward.


I’m loving my new companion. His name is Elder Simkins from Enterprise, Utah. He played baseball as well as ran XC in school. We get along really well. I’m happy to be able to serve with him. He has been in the Poulsbo 2nd Ward for the past 6 weeks and has done a very good job with it. So it’s not like we are completely blind in 2 new areas.

We are seeing a few baptisms this weekend that I’m looking forward to. One is a particular lady who we had a really great lesson with this week on the Word of Wisdom. It was one of the most spirit filled lessons I’ve had on my mission. After the lesson we then were able to give her a blessing to help her overcome her addictions and be ready to enter the waters of baptism this weekend. I love what I am doing in my life right now. It’s the most fulfilling I’ve experienced.

I’ve never been so excited to do stuff in my life. I have to keep telling Elder Simkins that this is so cool! What we are doing is so cool! Being a missionary is the coolest thing on this planet. If you haven’t had a chance to do missionary work in your life, try it out! It’s so fulfilling!

-Elder Thomas Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment