Monday, November 30, 2015

We need to make everyday a Thanksgiving...

Thanksgiving definitely isn’t the same when you’re on a mission but it’s not bad by any means! The morning was really fun I got to for the first time in almost 2 years got to run in a 5k. I had to stay right next to another missionary. He wanted me to pace him so it was nice to be involved with a race again. I was very surprised how good I felt while running! We were invited to a member’s home to have dinner and play games and we were very grateful to be taken in so quickly and with warm arms. I sure do miss home this time of year but I’m happy to be where I am :). This time of year makes me think of Alma 34:38. We need to make everyday a Thanksgiving.

This week we knocked into a young man who is 19 and married. We started talking to him and found out he never was introduced to Christianity. There have been few times I've had to teach Christianity on my mission and it is always way, way weird to try. This time was different though. I felt like I was able to express why I believe what I believe instead of what we believe. I felt more directed by the spirit than ever before on my mission while talking to a person. I look forward to continuing to teach this man and seeing him enter the waters of baptism along with his wife.

Alma 5:26… Oh man! I have felt a huge change on my mission. I’ve used the atonement more and gone through more growing pains in Washington then I could have thought I could. It’s so wonderful. I am so grateful for it. Each week is a new adventure with a new trial. I know I am not the only one who this is happening to but let’s keep asking ourselves the same thing Alma asks the people in Zarahemla "If ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?" I hope I do as well as everyone else, remember the changes in our lives, and strive to keep changing through Christ.

I love you all I’m so grateful for the support I hope everyone stays safe and feels loved!

-Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment