Monday, July 27, 2015

To be able to finally work without interruption...

This was the first whole week we've had without any special meetings this transfer. So that was nice… to be able to finally work without interruption. I feel there hasn’t been many other times in my life I've worked this hard and it was frustrating not to see as much success as I was expecting.

But this morning God decided to give a huge blessing. After my personal study, I got a text from someone who was investigating the church about 6 months ago. I had never met her but the text read, "Can me and my children be baptized?" I of course told her yes. The next text explained she had a dream that she talked to the bishop and was then baptized with her family. So this all leads to them being baptized as soon as possible. What a great miracle! I am so lucky to have this happen to me.

I do not think this is a "reward" I believe this would have happened no matter what me and Elder Irava would have done this transfer, whether we strayed from being perfectly obedient or not. God will not change someone’s agency just because someone else used their's righteously. I feel this experience is simply more rewarding because we did work hard all transfer if I hadn't worked this hard I think I still would be exited for the miracle but it wouldn't have meant this much to me. So needless to say I’m very grateful.

I was able to give a talk yesterday in one of my wards. I spoke on missionary work and the power the atonement can give overcoming fear. I thought it went well. A month ago I gave a similar talk in Tumwater so I think it went better the second time around.

We had an incredible thunderstorm yesterday. It scared the crud out of me. But I know Washington desperately needed the water. It made for a beautiful Sunday. It made me think of baptism and how something so small and simple can change so much in someone’s life.

I hope everyone week goes well I’m grateful for all the support I've received from all of you it means so much.

-Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment