Wednesday, November 5, 2014

rain rain rain rain...

rain rain rain rain... It won't stop raining here. I've never been this wet in my life. It was the 3rd week of the transfer and things have gone well. For Halloween they lock up the missionaries and we have a zone meeting. Then it is followed up by a movie! We watched The Best 2 Years and I realized how much I really don't miss movies. It was odd.

This past week I have been reading Joseph Smith’s journal. It has been really cool to read into the daily life of this great prophet. What inspired me to read it was a talk given in general conference about how there will be more and more rumors about Joseph Smith. So I decided to read it and learn for myself about his life through his own eyes.  It’s a really cool experience.

As for investigators, it’s been really discouraging to see so many potentials fall through. Elder Lacasse is really discouraged with having no baptisms yet in his mission. But, I know that the mission isn’t about baptisms but planting seeds. If I see them grow into trees and produce fruit then all the sweeter for me. But I know I am out here to invite others to come unto Christ. It’s hard to not see the results sometimes. I got word of another investigator I taught in Bremerton being baptized this week so that’s nice to hear.

There is someone here. Her name is Loti and she is supposed to be baptized on Sunday. But the ward will be using the font so we are going to see if we can baptize her in the Puget Sound. It should be a really cool thing. I hope it works out. Loti really needs the gospel and she’s worthy to have it. I don’t think she realizes how much she needs it. I hope it all works out.

We got word of Elder Snow, former church historian and now part of the First Quorum of the 70 will come talk to us (Wa-Ta mission). I am really exited. We have been told by President Blotter to prepare as though Christ is coming. So I am really looking forward to it.

I will hopefully have pictures next week. I love you all and hope you are all well.

- Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment