Tuesday, November 18, 2014

I have really big hope...

The weather warmed up this week. Thankfully we were on foot so we appreciated it very much. This past week not much happened. With it being the end of a transfer we had a lot of set lessons and a lot less time spent towards finding people.

I really enjoy teaching people but when the lessons fall through it can be frustrating because then we have an hour of empty space that we need to find out how to fill. But when we have all the lessons filled in and they all work out, it is the best feeling in the world.

Loti did not get baptized. Her sister is still missing and she was having some medical problems. So pray that happens this weekend. She really is such a sweet women but it seems like Satan is just trying to get in her way.

There are a few families we are teaching right now and I have never had the opportunity to teach a family. It is really cool because I feel that we do less teaching and more of just directing a discussion and keeping people on topic. I have really big hope for the two families. I don't know if I will be able to see them become converted but I think in time they will.

Yesterday we were in Walmart shopping for the week and this big black lady come up to me.  She starts telling me thank you and how much I helped her.  I felt so bad… I had no idea who the heck she was. I looked like an idiot!  I got talking to her and she was someone who I gave a blessing to in the hospital over a month ago. She had just had open heart surgery and asked for the elders to give a blessing. So I showed up with elder Larson. It was really cool to have her recognize me and thank me a month later.  

Anyways, I am doing well. Transfer calls are this Saturday and I’ve been really praying to stay here so I can hopefully see some fruits. Christmas is this next transfer and I’d like to be somewhere where I’m familiar with it all.
                                     
-Elder Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment