Thursday, November 27, 2014

Just Soothing...


There is always so much going on here I don't know what to write about all the time. Things are going well. We are teaching a boy (16) whose name is Topaz and he’s a really good kid growing up in a bad neighborhood.  He has been reading the Book of Mormon and says he has really good feelings about it.  But he has some question about it so I asked what they were. He just said that it’s nothing I could answer… just soothing. He understands he has to work out for himself.  So keep your fingers crossed that all goes well with that. 

The mission set some really high goals this week when it comes to numbers.  President said if we made those goals we would be able to go to transfer meeting even if we weren't being transferred. Luckily the mission were all able to go to transfer meeting! These meeting might be the most spiritual meetings I’ve been to. The power of 250+ missionary's coming together is out of this world! 

Elder Kleine bore his final testimony and it was heart wrenching to have to say goodbye to him.  What a great man who taught me so much in 6 weeks. I hope to be able to see him after the mission. The version of amazing grace that is sung in those meetings is something I would like everyone to hear and experience. So powerful. 

For Thanksgiving tomorrow we will be going over to a recent convert’s home named George and Alice Twigs, an older couple.  So I don’t feel bad intruding on their Thanksgiving dinner. We are having a turkey bowl tomorrow between our zone (Tacoma East) and Tacoma West zone. I am exited for a fun day tomorrow and giving thanks to the new friends I’ve made these past 4 months.

I hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving and stays warm. Tacoma is a beautiful place right now… always wet. haha Love you all.

-Elder Johnson
Tacoma (Stadium Area) Elders

No comments:

Post a Comment