Tuesday, June 21, 2016

I must keep going and I will...

Well I feel kind of weary comparing myself to such a great person as Alma. But I feel that I can relate to him right now as we learn in Alma 43:1, "And Alma, also, himself, could not rest, and he also went forth." I sure am tired lately but I don’t think I am nearly as tired as Alma was. I still feel as he, that I don’t feel I have time to rest. I must keep going and I will.


We went on a few exchanges this week. I got to spend a day down in my old area of Silverdale 1st and Brownsville. It was pretty cool to be able to go back after a whole yearish.  The other exchange we went on was with Poulsbo 1st elders. Elder Hoffers companion, Elder Anderson was really sick and could get out of the home. So my companion went and stayed with him while Hoffer came with me to do some work in his area along with my 2 areas. It’s always fun being able to spend time doing missionary work with someone or somewhere I’ve been before.

So much happens every week. There is a new adventure every day. But this week was my 3rd time being able to go to Zions camp! What a wonderful experience. Zions camp is a church owned campground. There is a lake and ropes courses. We, of course, didn't do anything on the lake but we did spend half the day on ropes courses. It was very similar to the last 2 years. But I’m in a different position so I am able to learn different things and it was a real pleasure to be able to be a part of that again.  

With it being father’s day yesterday, I could sit here and tell you all about my dad, Kurt, and the marvelous things he has done in his life and for me. But you can meet him in person. I’m sure he would sign a poster if you asked him to.

Our Heavenly Father is something entirely different. We could talk about many different subject involving him. But since I don’t have all day I will only speak on one subject, prayer. I haven't been able to speak to my dad for almost 2 years. That’s been hard. I’ve been in some tough spots where I just want the advice from my dad, maybe only a few loving words. I’m not able to get that at this time in my life. But prayer is that act of faith that allows us to let God know what’s going on and what we are feeling. He knows how we are feeling already. It matters that we talk to Him. He will council with us.

I love the story of Hezekiah…how he pleads with a loving god for a righteous cause. I know God not only heard Hezekiah's prayers but he hears yours and mine. God is our loving Heavenly Father. That might be the most basic doctrine taught in this church but I do believe it’s one we will never fully understand. I do love my God and I know he loves me.

-Elder Thomas Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment