Monday, May 9, 2016

I wake up every morning just happy to be doing what I’m doing...

Skyping home for the last time was very odd. The thought that the next time I will see you guys will be in person is a bitter sweet thing. I’ve became quite accustomed to missionary life and don’t know how I feel about my time to go home coming quicker then I thought it would. 

Anyway… along with Skyping home, things are going well. I am looking forward to this next week. We will have a lot of time to be outside talking to people. We don't have too many missionary meeting planned. But the week after will be really nice. We get to go to the temple and have a missionary musical fireside down in Gig Harbor! I am looking forward to it.
I don’t know if I want to compare what I’ve been doing for almost the past 2 years to an everyday normal job. What I am doing is so much more sacred than any job. But people always talk about loving a job so much that you wake up in the morning you can’t wait to get started. That’s exactly how I feel about missionary life. . I would never want to be doing what I’m doing for money. I think it would take a lot of the satisfaction away. But if I could do this for a living I think I would. I love the feeling that comes from helping people for a living and learning everyday because of it. 

I have so many experiences I can’t wait to share with all my loved ones when I get home. I love you all and hope you all are safe. :)

-Elder Thomas Johnson 

No comments:

Post a Comment