Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Wow what a weekend...

I though last conference was the best one. But I found out this week that the most recent conference is always the best. Haha. We are so blessed to have those 15 men leading us. I know without a doubt that those 3 new apostles are called by God and will lead us in these latter days. I have faith in President Nelson, that he is supposed to be the president of the 12. He had a new found authority when he spoke that I had not felt from him before.

We watched conference at the church for all but the last session when we went over to a members home (the Warner's) to watch and have dinner. This family take really good care of us. I am very grateful for the family-like love they have shown me.

I could go on and on, about each talk we heard but I'll only talk about few... the first being Holland’s talk. And let me say… I have the best mother to ever live. Never has someone had to carry a child so much as she has me and I owe her more than any mortal on this earth. Women are special. They deserve more respect and recognition for what they do. I wish I would have learned this lesson years ago so I could have treated the women in my life differently when I was at home. It’s funny how a mission can teach us lessons on things we don’t even deal with. I love my mom and have a deeper respect for women now.

Monson's talk in priesthood was honest, short, and to the point. I enjoyed how he talked about all these different voices in the world and it’s hard to hear the right ones at times. But we have all these tools to help us like fasting, praying, hymns etc... I have never recognized the spirit more in my life then the past year. I know it is a blessing from God for now I am helping not just myself but othes as well and I need to spread that great spirit. I love the commandments we have. They are here to help us and they can if we let them. It’s all up to us as is everything in this life besides consistencies.

Oh man how I love this gospel and this church (or kingdom as Christofferson taught). I know that as we abide by the teaching of the prophets we will be safe in this crazy world! Though it will be hard. I love that principle that brother Aoyagi taught and it really hit home on a few investigators who are going through a hard time right now and don’t know why. I love the people I serve. They are so special but don’t realize that God has put together an incredible plan for them. I know they can know this as the spirit tells them.

Thank you all again for the support. It’s so appreciated and it makes my heart happy.

-Elder Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment