Monday, September 21, 2015

It’s been a good week as always...

Well it’s been a good week as always. We had transfer meeting Tuesday where me and Elder Werk picked up our new greenie (Elder Porter) and the 4th elder in the foursome (Elder Chesley). It is the same situation I was in when I first came in the mission. Except now I’m the zone leader and not the greenie. So, both me and Elder Werk are training Elder Porter. I really enjoy being in a foursome. It’s nice to be able to switch things up and be with new people often.

We had a cool experience this week of finding a lot of success in finding new people to teach. It’s odd though… most of the people we found to teach this week were 14-18 year old boys. In the past I haven’t had much success with that age group but it’s really cool to see how the Lord has prepared each one of the kids throughout their own life to be baptized.

We also had stake conference this past weekend and it was focused on councils, family councils ward councils etc... at first I thought "pssh this doesn't apply to me, I don't have a family council I’m on a mission." But then I quickly repented and realized that I will have a family sometime. The more I learn now the better person I’ll be later for God and my family. I need all the help I can get so I better learn all I can when I can.



Other than that it’s been a blast. It’s a lot of fun being with four people. It’s very stressful but well worth it. I know that worse things have happened and I have been learning a lot from a lot of people.

-Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment