Tuesday, September 15, 2015

I was really able to see his full circle of his conversion...

Well transfer calls are here! I am staying here in Silverdale with Elder Werk. We are getting 2 other missionaries to join us though! I am excited to be in a 4-some again. It’s been almost a year since I have been in one and I really enjoy it. It has been a good transfer. It’s always a good transfer when you’re on a mission though.

Well the coolest thing that happened this week was last night. There was a baptism of a man I got pretty close to down in Olympia. And since we haven't had one in the past six weeks it was really a great reminder of God’s love for all of us and of the perfect timing he has for everything. It was really special. The last time I saw this man he was drunk as a skunk. So I feel I was really able to see his full circle of his conversion. The man I saw last night enter the waters was a whole different person. Most the time in the mission you get to see the change and since it happens so gradually you don't see the big picture and see how huge the change can be. So it was special to take a step back for 8 or so months and then go see the product of months of getting to know Christ and using the atonement.

Well sorry to cut it short this week. We’ve got a bit of a drive today so I gotta go. I love you all and are so, so grateful for the support I receive from everyone. It means the world.

-Elder Johnson

dad: Yeah, so it’s a pretty big zone 20 missionaries now. We only travel for exchanges and we go to district meeting up north sometimes and that’s about a 30 min drive. For transfers we will be going to pick up the 2 new people. So it’s nice not to have to worry about any of our stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment