Monday, June 29, 2015

Well, a lot of change...

Well, a lot of change. The new place is beautiful. It’s near the first area on my mission so its cool to be back a year later. It is just me and Elder Irava covering 2 wards, which means there’s a lot of stuff to do all the time. The wards are great. I love both of them. They seem to have some great faithful members in them that I look forward to working with.

A song has continually come to my mind lately, "Nearer My God To Thee." It represents the effort I have been making to become closer my Savior and helping others also… whether it be my companion or investigators. There is no better way to do this then to follow the pattern of learning the word of God (scriptures, seminary, sunday school, etc.) then confirming it with God through prayer. This is a powerful tool to use. I know it to be true and even more so, I know that for any problem in our life there is only one thing that comes close to a cure-all. That is obedience. Obedience is the most powerful tool we have. It will heal anything.

This work is going forth quickly and it’s so incredible to be able to see it first hand. I hope everyone stays safe for the 4th of July this week and enjoy summer. Sorry the letter is so short today. The new place we email from limits how long we can be here.

-Elder Johnson



PS from Elder Johnson's Parents... We are very grateful for the members in Washington that watch over our missionary. This last week we received a text message from a member in his new area.  It contained the following message...
"We love having your son in our ward!  He's a great missionary.  Here are some pictures of us celebrating it (his birthday) a day early!"





1 comment:

  1. So sweet of the members to celebrate his birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete