Monday, June 15, 2015

I need to work on teaching that way...

We have had a busy week. To start it off, we went on exchanges with some elders in the district. I went with Elder Vorkink to the Olympia 2nd Ward where we had a lot of fun. He has been around a lot of the same missionaries I have been around. So, we had a lot to talk about while we knocked doors.

The day after that there was a meeting up in Tacoma where we had training by some of the leaders from Salt Lake City. It was an 8-ish hour training. But one thing that stuck out at me and I’ve been studying was in 1 Nephi 11,12,13. Nephi receives the vision he asks for. More specifically… how the angel taught him. It was very similar to how the Savior teaches. He asked questions and just pointed in the right direction. I need to work on teaching that way.

I love you so much. I had a great surprise last night when I got to meet one of my parents friends from Hawaii! To see someone who called me Thomas and had talked to my parents recently was kind of weird. But in a good way it was truly the best birthday gift I could ask for. It meant the world to me.

-Elder Johnson

PS from Elder Johnson's Parents... Rilee Villanueva is one of a group of BYUH girls that would come over each Sunday for dinner.  Those girls have become close friends.  Rilee's mom lives in the Stake where Elder Johnson and Elder MacQueen helped with the missionary fireside last night.  It was one of those moments when two worlds collide... And it brought a big smile to our faces.
Rilee and Elder Johnson

Elders Johnson and MacQueen

The missionaries assigned to Tumwater/Olympia

No comments:

Post a Comment