Monday, April 13, 2015

What a long week, so busy all the time...

One very cool experience we had… We were knocking these apartment complexes. The second door we knocked on was the manager (or crazy dragon lady) and she was not happy we were there. She asked us to leave etc. So, as usual, we ignored her and went on to the next set of apartments. After knocking 2 doors she came out and I swear I saw fire from her mouth. Wow! Never had I seen such a small lady so upset. She came out yelling! Called the police, walked us off the property, etc. Pretty usual but it was elder MacQueen’s first time that happening. He was kind of shook up.

Usually we wouldn't go back after that. But, we felt a great sorrow for the people we were not able to talk to and share this message. So, the next day we decided to go back and we started from the back of the complexes this time. The second door we knocked on was a lady who had just moved up from Utah and was investigating the church there. So now were teaching her. Coincidence? Maybe, but I doubt it.

We’ve had a lot of good this week. 2 families showed up to church this week that we have been working with. We were able to give a lot of service this past week, which I enjoy a lot. I don’t know how good I am at teaching people but I’m all right with working with my hands.

I came on a mission with very few things I absolutely knew about the gospel. In fact, I can only think of one. It was "God is my father and He loves me." I believe I knew this being an only child. I always had great love from my parents and it’s easy for me to see God and His love for me. Don’t get me wrong. I believed a lot coming here. I believed Christ died for me. I believed a lot of things. And that’s why I was able to come.

But one basic bit of knowledge has pushed me through a lot since I’ve come out. I have come to knowledge the book of Mormon is true. I believed it was true. But when someone came to me and tried to prove to me it wasn't, the only thing I could have done was tell them I believe I’m it. And there’s nothing wrong with that. In fact, that’s what I do all day, every day. But now, if needed, I can bear testimony and I can show someone why this book is true and all questions have an answer to them.

It’s a great blessing. I've come to a knowledge that there’s a difference in believing Christ and believing in Christ. I hope all believe Christ. We must know or believe for ourselves for anything to happen. Even if we have a desire to have a desire for ourselves, something will happen. It’s beautiful.

I hope all goes well this next week for you all… wherever it is. Thanks for the support. As always, I feel the prayers and love sent from friends and family.

-Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment