Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Now he has a desire...

Note:  Elder Johnson's dad forgot to post this letter from last week.  Sorry...

Elder Geier had his surgery on Tuesday and has recovered really well from it. Although being down for a few days, I was able to call a lot of investigators and do a lot of work with former investigators along with read read read! Though we did not get out till Friday, we were very blessed when we did... lots of things were able to get done.

We have an investigator named Juan who is in the Army and is 21. He is very casual with us most times and it is hard to get him to focus on the gospel. But, this past week we saw him. I don't know where the change came from but he finally said he wanted to change.  He said he knew he needed before but never wanted to. He knew he had a bad past and knew he needed to change. Now he has a desire.

This is the last week of the transfer.  I'm expected to stay here. There's no reason for me to go and I am excited to be able to stay and do more work.  I really love the people here, a type of people I've never dealt with before so its exciting. We plan to go chop down trees Tuesday afternoon. Im exited to do that (something I never did in Utah). The ward here is great!  They take great care of us and are really focused on missionary work.

Enjoy the holiday this weekend. I'm sure me and Elder Geier will. Thank you all for the support.

-Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment