Monday, January 4, 2016

So much has happened this transfer...

Well happy new years! It was weird to think about this next year. Although I did not put together a "new years resolution list" I was thinking of what I would like to accomplish this next calendar year. At first everything that popped into my head was mission related. Then my heart stopped when I remembered that about half this year I would be at home. What a strange idea... Well, needless to say, I thought of some things that I would like to do when I’m home from my mission as well.
Gig Harbor Zone @ Wa-Tac Mission Christmas party

We had a wonderful zone conference this past week on member work and how we can start doing more member work without changing much of what we are doing already. That what we have been doing so far in missionary work is awesome. It shows the Lord we will serve but perhaps it’s not the smartest way to do it. So we are going to continue to do what we are doing but also involve members more in all phases of the work… finding, teaching, and baptizing. I look forward to doing missionary work in this way although it takes a lot more sacrifice on our part to plan and make sure everything goes perfectly. But also it takes our willing members to sacrifice both time and efforts to help that investigator.


The bad news in zone conference was that we would no longer be having our wonderful transfer meetings. In a mission president training elder Oaks really was clear that missions should not be having transfer meetings. Although I do not completely understand why I am exited to to follow this council. I know that special blessing are in store for the Wa-Tac as we listen and obey the council of the prophets.

Oh also we will no longer be in a 3-some today. We are getting a missionary named Elder Stewart so there will be 4 of us in the companionship again! That’s always exiting. So much has happened this transfer. It’s been a crazy one.

Anyways I love you all thanks again for the support. It means a lot to me!

-Elder Thomas Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment