Tuesday, September 9, 2014

We See God's Hand at Work...

I am sorry I haven't been able to write people back but I will in time.  Expect emails on Tuesday now because all of Tacoma is closed on Mondays. I have no idea why, they just are.

I have been placed in the stadium area which is downtown Tacoma. It has some very sketchy areas which is why sister missionaries are not allowed in our area. The people here are very humble and much different then Bremerton. In Bremerton, people were just crazy and poor. The people here are just crazy, poor, and desperate for help.

Two hospitals are in our area, both the Tacoma General and St. Joseph which means we get calls daily to go over to visit people in the ER and rooms. We give at least 2 blessings a day and each time we see God's hand at work. it is spectacular to see God perform things through us that are impossible. There was one time that we went and gave a blessing to a women who just had open heart surgery and could not breath on her own. We gave her blessing and then she was able to breath all by herself. The doctors could not explain it but we knew it was God performing his work.

I miss Elders Kliene and Anderson. I don't know how I got so close to them so fast. Elder Larson is very good at talking with people even more so then my old companions. The ward here is a lot stronger than in Bremerton, but very poor. The bishop is busier than any bishop I've met. He served in the Army, ran college track and xc, then coached the University of Pudget Sound in xc to take 3rd at nationals. The picture is of me and Elder Larson at the bishop's home with his very loved, live size replica of Jar Jar Binks.

Don't send packages to me here or letters with anything valuable. Please send those to the mission office where it will be safe.

-Elder Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment