Monday, May 16, 2016

So I kind of dug myself into that hole...

Yet again a wonderful week with many great adventures and memories made. We were able to split wood again this week which is always fun. I really believe that some of the best ways to get close with your companion is by doing physical, manual labor with him. I’ve really enjoyed doing service with Elder Simkins.

Along with doing service Elder Simkins and I were able to get a little closer to each other by both venturing into the unknown and eating for the first time… balut. For people who don’t know what that is look it up. I am very happy I tried it just to say that I have. But I do not plan on eating anytime soon for fun. Strangely enough there is a decent amount of Filipinos in Kitsap County, many member and nonmembers. We were able to meet with many of them and they brought balut and made us eat it. To be honest a few weeks ago while talking to some of them when I told them I would try it if they got it. So I kind of dug myself into that hole.

This week we got to do lots of teaching as always. But for the first time in my life I was in a young women’s class and got to teach that! That was a very cool experience to see what goes on there.

We got to celebrate a recent convert’s birthday. On a cheap missionary budget we decided to get him a cake. This cake was a Hostess Ding Dong but I think he appreciated the thought.

I am so grateful for all the places I have gone on my mission. I feel every area I have been in is so much different than anything else. I have lived in 7 different places on my mission and none of them are similar to the next one. I feel that to be a great blessing. I have been able to learn how adapt too many different situations and see how people react in different environments.

I love what I’m doing. I love my Savior. I love my leaders, family, and friends. Thank you again for the support. It is felt and appreciated.

-Elder Thomas Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment